SURPRISE #1. The surgeon was a GREAT guy who got Mike’s appendics out in 10 minutes using laproscopic surgery! he was in hospital another day. He stayed at my place for the week to recoup. Aside from a few diabetes issues, it went without a hitch! WIN#1!
SURPRISE #2. Although my financial situation scares the hell out of me, I realize I’ve been in some pretty tight spots before. REALLY Tight. I’m taking the gratitude path.
I HAVE SOOOO MUCH TO BE GRATEFUL FOR..
- My wonderful son and his great girlfriend
- Mike (My sweet angel who swept into my life 5 years ago after a 37 year absence. Although he is not my “Boyfriend” 😦 he is the best friend anyone could dream of.)
- Joe, my friend and confident of 35 years.
- Anyone who takes the time to read my blog
- My health.
- My strength, resourcefulness & unwillingness to yield in a crisis
- My absolute LOVE of music and singing! (The first time I ever cried for joy, I was about 6 years old. It was brought on by a chorus singing live. Before that. I had no idea people ever cried from anything other than sadness!)
- My core. But that’s another post
- In addition, I have 30 years entrepreneurial experience under my belt. I should be able to put that to some use. Right? WIN #2
SURPRISE #3 I’ve never taken a business course in my life! Yet I started a business and managed to keep it for 29 years and that was without a website! My company made two of my clients the most subscribed theatres in the country. (Not bad for a nerdy theatre major.) I’ll find a way to make dough. No other choice! WIN #3!
SURPRISE #4 After my exam, the dr. said everything looked fine. WIN #4
SURPRISE #5 Ok… the hives are a tough nut to crack. I know they’re stress induced. But exercise will help. WIN #5
SURPRISE #6 When my son moved to a new place with his girlfriend I decided to give them my new bedroom set. They are so great for each other and have brought me alot of joy, so WTF! right?
I turned the spare bedroom into a workout space. It’s perfect! I kept my full length leather mirror and use it to stretch in front of. I also put down unused carpet tiles from my old office, which I move when I feel like dancing on my hardwood floors. Now if I just have to get back in the habit… WIN #6
I probably sound like a total train wreck at this point. But I don’t care. This is my life right now.
I believe in my heart that I have a gift for happiness. NOTHING gives me greater joy than singing and making people happy. Am I a handful? Absolutely! Can I be pain in the ass? You bet! I believe that everything happens for a reason. If I’ve learned nothing in the past 5 years, I’VE LEARNED THAT!
1.) LIFE CAN TURN ON A DIME!
2.) FOR EVERY NEGATIVE THERE IS AN EXPONENTIALLY GREATER POSITIVE JUST WAITING TO REVEAL ITSELF!!
I CLING TO THAT… CHEERS BABY
On second thought this fat lady is gonna sing after all… Give it a listen. I dare you!
If that sounds naive, Blame it on my youth…